Varastotilanne ja saapuvat
The Movement Revisited: A Musical Portrait of Four Icons is culminating documentation of a richly inspired piece – lauding four key figures of the Civil Rights Movement: Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Malcolm X,Rosa Parks and Muhammad Ali.
Christian McBride – The Movement Revisited
Marshaling his ever-sharpening skills as a composer, arranger, conductor, musician and lyricist, Christian McBride has created a historically and culturally illuminating five-part suite for an 18-piece big band, chorus and narrators that places the motivating forces as well as the goals of the Civil Rights Movement within a powerfully relevant artistic context. It is a one-from-the-heart project McBride was, apparently, destined to undertake.
This recording of The Movement Revisited marks the addition of a fifth movement, “Apotheosis,” which acknowledges the election of Barack Obama as the first African American President of the United States.
1. Overture/the Movement Revisited (10:44)
2. Sister Rosa Prologue (03:20)
3. Sister Rosa (06:25)
4. Rosa Introduces Malcolm (03:08)
5. Brother Malcolm Prologue (02:49)
6. Brother Malcolm (07:35)
7. Malcolm Introduces Ali (01:03)
8. Ali Speaks (02:42)
9. Rumble In the Jungle (06:00)
10. Rosa Introduces Mlk (00:40)
11. Soldiers (I Have a Dream) (05:38)
12. A View From the Mountaintop (04:14)
13. Apotheosis: November 4th, 2008 (10:26)
Label: Mack Avenue Music Group